 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7944
  Re: Road Show Question

(...) Chris was declaring the building inconsistent because some of the windows were lined with 1x1 grey round rings and others 1x1 grey vertical clips. I've learned over the years he does stuff like this to push people's buttons. I don't understand (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) this is true. As an observer I felt this "look" to be odd. I think a few of the younger kids pointed it out to me as well. "Hey, I found 3 monkeys!!! I found 3 monkeys!!! Mister.... why does that yellow building have non matching window sill (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) Well the explanation for the inconstancy is simple. I ran out of the 1x1 with the ring. I figured the 1x1 with vertical clip was the closest match. :-) (...) I'm glad you managed to push Calum's buttons on this. It's fun watching you push (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) You know, it really rather bothers me. I'm one to get angry at a lot of stuff, primarily because no one else gives a care about things that really should be fixed. I'll give you an example of this sort of thing where really the response is, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) Ok you see this is not pushing someones buttons. It's perfectly understandable for you to be upset about this. The degree to which you are upset may be questionable. I mean it's a PT Cruiser. :-) I think pushing someones buttons is the art of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) I figured as much... I was trying to elicit a response from the building owner at the time. (...) although fun, its no longer a challenge. now its almost just as regular as breathing. (...) WOW, Dr. C. Magno. Ph.D.. that has a GREAT sound to (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

Derek! WOW, you said EXACTLY what I was going to point out Calum. and you used exactly the same examples. Good job. As a future Ph.D. in "fecal matter agitation" (TDB) or "vocal proximity perturbance" (TDB) I commend you on your quick and correct (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Cruiser

(...) Excuse me for sticking my nose in here (RTLToronto newsgroup seems to use half of LUGNET's capacity, you know...), but would it be possible to create new decals to replace the damaged ones? I've got an Alps printer that makes pretty decent (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Cruiser

(...) Thankfully, there's a mechanic in our office who is just as obsessive about little things and had a pile of subscale corporate logos done up with a vinyl cutter for his own models of corporate vehicles. They came to the rescue of my model and (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) And pick up your sociopathic tendancies? No, nobody dropped me when I was a kid :) Calum (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) hmm. Dr Mango. Is he a doctor, or just another fruit? (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) no, your misspelling of my name actually refers to this guy: (URL) are you watching the subtle use of anti button pushing. see, steve here was trying to "get my goat" but by careful manipulation of the internet I can reply with a negative (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Cruiser

-snip- (...) -snip- :) no one else seems to be using it. I like to think of lug.org.rtlToronto as more a mix of .general and .offtopic with a spice of slightly mature humor. oh, and on occasion we talk about lego. :) Chris Ph.D ring, ring "oh, hi (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) oops. no. I ment this guy: (URL) keep forgetting you're not actually a fruit. !? :) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Cruiser

(...) I think of calling Chris like the backchannel negotiations that stopped the Cuban Missile Crisis. I often will see Chris post something stupid that will get is in trouble, and will immediately call him to tell him he's an idiot and not to do (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) this: (2 URLs) ) Yes, while the first image after searching for "Dr Mango" yeilds an image of a tropical cafe, the second shows us how to teach our cats how to be clever. Iain (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) WELL DONE STEVE!!!! touché. I cant even think of a come back to this..... I could quote from that page though. ..studies on the absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy of crystals, specifically rare-earth crystals... sure he is smart, but (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Cruiser

(...) I feel like that kid at the end of the 'Exclamation' School House Rocks... "Rats!! That's the end!" Except I'd say, "Rats! I don't call Chris!" How come Calum gets all that fun to himself? Dave K (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote: <snip> (...) OMGoodness! It's Chris's evil (much older) twin!!! Who knew?? Dave K (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)