 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7872
  Laandscaping is fun!

So this is what I did in my spare time... (URL) comes apart in sections just like Dereks--which actually made it easier to build. Few things--I'm going to be gone all week, but will be home on the weekend--I'll try to get a few buildings made for (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) Looks great! (...) Ya I find this makes it very handy for making alterations. I can keep the layout assembled in at one end of my living room and pull out a section or two and work on them in my build area. (...) The joy of the time crunch. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) Love the time crunch--I wouldn't do anything if there wasn't the time crunch. Few more things--both tracks going into Jeff's backbone are at 19 plates--6 bricks plus 1 plate. I did this so there wouldn't be an elevation of 2 plates per track (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) The Go Train is dead. Everyone, especially Calum, :-) will be pleased to know that I've finally got board of the Go Train. I'll be taring it down in the near future. It may be present at NMRA but I'm not going to try and run it. (...) I think (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) Nahh, I'm getting cleverer in my old age. Altenburg is pretty much together now - so long as Derek doesn't go to plate-high landscaping or decide to redo the roads in teal or something. And I foisted off the ramps on Jeremy, since he wanted (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) Hear hear! (...) I design for have a 1 plate height support under the track, even on the ground. It makes the turns work a lot better, same with the switches. Neither can really be brought to height 0. So the heights are: 6.0 - 5.1 - 4.2 - (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott wrote: <snip> (...) Wow, there's a thought I've been avoiding--LEGO life without Jeff E. I love Altenburg and all, but seriously, that long red 'backbone' just doesn't sit right. I also have a tough time (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) I seem to recall there was never really a structure built to support the curved track from the top of the ramp to the switch on my side of Altenburg. This would be nice to have. I recall the flexing of the track was causing derailments going (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) No problem. Calum (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)