 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7434
Re: John Goodman on WW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 23:58:27 GMT

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message

It's my opinion that they are both ugly.  Thalys is ok.  Calum and I have
long had an argument that he thinks Thalys is prettier than the
TGV-Atlantique, and I've stated over and over that the TGV-A will never • be
topped as far as aesthetics go.  Eurostar has the stupidest nose I've • ever
seen, it has this very, very stupid looking small square windshield.  I
would HATE to drive it, because it is so horridly ugly.  I seriously wish
doom on it.  I'm all about big, wrap around windows for the cab operator.

Both are ugly.

Which both do you think are ugly?  I mentioned 3 trains... (Atlantique,
Thalys, Eurostar)

I'm a fan of the ICE. Then I might be biased, cause it's the
only one of the above I've ridden on.

ICE is gorgeous, I just realized I forgot to mention it.  It has a very
clean and modern apperance.  Except I cannot stand the new one (the one that
thinks it is pretending to be a spaceship).

I will never forget a commercial for Germany airing on MuchMusic in Canada
in the mid 90's.  It had this woman with a purse and she leaned over and
screams "I C E.  SPEED-train." and it glides past.  And then this dude with
a fro goes "It's a nice place to come!" and then someone yells "WUNDERBAR!"
and the lady with the purse says behind everyoen else "Wunder.  BAR."
Because she's so out of synch.

    Iain