 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7432
Re: John Goodman on WW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 21:00:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes:

What's wrong with Thalys ??? Or Eurostar for that matter? They're all
nifty/fast trains. (We have seen TGV and Thalys models posted to
lugnet.trains but I don't remember if Eurostar has been done or not)

It's my opinion that they are both ugly.  Thalys is ok.  Calum and I have
long had an argument that he thinks Thalys is prettier than the
TGV-Atlantique, and I've stated over and over that the TGV-A will never be
topped as far as aesthetics go.  Eurostar has the stupidest nose I've ever
seen, it has this very, very stupid looking small square windshield.  I
would HATE to drive it, because it is so horridly ugly.  I seriously wish
doom on it.  I'm all about big, wrap around windows for the cab operator.

Which is why I simply DETEST the Yamanashi Prefecture trains;  you build a
train that goes 560 km/h and can't even give it a proper nose/windshield.
It has this like 300 x 300 mm window at the front and thats it.  A tiny square.

But not even Shanghai Transrapid tops the TGV-A.  Well... maybe.  But I've
never been to Shanghai.

I'd probably see the train go by at 430 and simply effervesse.  SMT is too
much for my body to handle.  Sigh.  I miss the LRC engines.  I think I'm
going to have chicken strips and rice when I get home.  I just hit my thumb
with a massive hammer trying to knock 72 6 mm grease zerks out of a giant
tooling plate and now my thumb hurts.  Ventax is fun.

    Iain