 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7435
Re: Should I upgrade to RIS 2.0?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 00:37:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen writes:
So the 1.5 Mindstorm PC based programming software (does it have a real name,
to minimize confusion?) that uses the drag and drop based GUI should work fine
with the 2.0 firmware.  It just won't provide access to those features.

Second dumb newbie question...Is the 2.0 Mindstorm PC based programming
software (for which I still don't know the real name) substantially superior to
the 1.5 version (in terms of ease of use, flexability, and access to additional
firmware features) enough to warrant getting it and not even bothering with the
1.5 software (not firmware, PC software)?

I'm not really sure how the PC based software works, but I know no one in
our group uses it.  Everyone is either NQC, LeJOS or ATL script...

Calum