 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7383
Re: Life is interesting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 20:59:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Pedro Silva writes:

<snip>

I have 1 baseplate from when I was a kid--probably got it somewhere in the
middle of the '70's and it was 48 x 48.

So where did these 50x50's come from?

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1968/c68be/c68be-15.html
Lower right corner, set #799: notice the dimensions in centimeters, they
represent exactly 50x50 studs!

There's my find of the week.

*Your* FOTW? ;-)

Well, I found it in my hands when my mom-in-law gave 'em to me :)

If your soon-to-be wife has any siblings, be sure none of them marries
another AFOL and grant yourself a secret source of LEGO! :-P

-who is really loving his new extended family--they support my LEGO
addiction, er, I mean hobby.

:-)
Gotta love 'em!

Pedro

Thanks Pedro!

THat link also answered a long held question of mine--I have 1x2's with
notches outta the bottoms--thought they were somehow related to the 1x2's
for the garage doors (notches along the side), but nope--they're for the
wires for the very old light bricks.  I have a light brick as well, along
with the original single prong wire set (485 in pic)

I thought of the answer when remembering an 1967 catalog I own, somehow I
recalled seeing baseplates with 10xN sizes back then.

Wow, questions answered!

Thanks again!

What can I say, it was fun to search!

Dave K
-who is increasingly astounded as to who 'lurks' in the rtlToronto NG

Big brother is watching you... :-D

Pedro