 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7378
Re: Life is interesting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 18:53:15 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
It's two studs wider!  It's 50 studs by 50 studs (not the 48x48 like my 12
others).

Wow.

That's kinda interesting!

I have 1 baseplate from when I was a kid--probably got it somewhere in the
middle of the '70's and it was 48 x 48.

So where did these 50x50's come from?

Ya, I have one of these that I used as kid.  I must have used it a lot
too because many of the studs are well worn.  Some to the point of the
Lego logo missing, other are almost dome shaped.

They are a bit annoying these days though, because they don't fit into
regular patterns of baseplate on a module.  But definitely cool to have.

Derek