 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7377
7376  |  7378
Subject:
Life is interesting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 18:44:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

So I'm over at the mother-in'law's place on the weekend, for Mother's Day
(of course).

Seems that she was at a school rummage sale a few weeks back, and saw two
LEGO grey baseplates for 25 cents (that's 25 cents for *both*--very nice!)

So she got her quarter out, and walked away with 2 baseplates for her future
son-in-law.

LI love my in-laws--for Christmas, soon-to-be Father-in-law gave me 3 new XL
grey baseplates--I was pretty happy.

But the story doesn't end there.

So I'm at the in-laws' house on Sunday, soon-to-be mom gives me these
baseplates.  I'm all excited--they look very good--no damage and stuff.

But I think that there is something not quite right about them.  Couldn't
put my finger on it.

Then I bring the baseplates back to my place at the end of the evening.

I put them on my stack of 12 other grey baseplates, start going to do
something else but stop.  Pause... 'Hey, there's something wrong with that
stack!' i think to myself.  I actually didn't say it out loud, for I haven't
gotten to *that* stage yet--y'know, where I start really talking to myself...

Anyway, I look at the stack--mayhaps there's something underneath the two
baseplates I got from the mom-in-law 'cause they look like they're sitting
higher than the rest.

I check.

Well, no, they're not resting on top of anything.

Then I take one of them and put another one from the pile on top of it.

It's two studs wider!  It's 50 studs by 50 studs (not the 48x48 like my 12
others).

Wow.

That's kinda interesting!

I have 1 baseplate from when I was a kid--probably got it somewhere in the
middle of the '70's and it was 48 x 48.

So where did these 50x50's come from?

There's my find of the week.

Dave K
-who is really loving his new extended family--they support my LEGO
addiction, er, I mean hobby.