 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7380
Re: Life is interesting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 19:48:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:

Seems that she was at a school rummage sale a few weeks back, and saw two
LEGO grey baseplates for 25 cents (that's 25 cents for *both*--very nice!)

Cheaper than the original price! :-O
(see below for more)

Anyway, I look at the stack--mayhaps there's something underneath the two
baseplates I got from the mom-in-law 'cause they look like they're sitting
higher than the rest.

I check.

Well, no, they're not resting on top of anything.

Then I take one of them and put another one from the pile on top of it.

It's two studs wider!  It's 50 studs by 50 studs (not the 48x48 like my 12
others).

Wow.

That's kinda interesting!

I have 1 baseplate from when I was a kid--probably got it somewhere in the
middle of the '70's and it was 48 x 48.

So where did these 50x50's come from?

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1968/c68be/c68be-15.html
Lower right corner, set #799: notice the dimensions in centimeters, they
represent exactly 50x50 studs!

There's my find of the week.

*Your* FOTW? ;-)

-who is really loving his new extended family--they support my LEGO
addiction, er, I mean hobby.

:-)
Gotta love 'em!

Pedro