 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6891
Re: Monday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:00:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
How's everyone else's Monday going?

   Iain

Well, I WAS in Poland visiting family for the last 10 days, but today I'm in
Germany, Frankfurt am Oder, to be precise.  Small little town on the western
border of Poland.  Going to Berlin for the next two days for sight seeing
and LEGO hunting (thanks Oliver!). Running on 4 hours of sleep, 'cause the
bus left at 6am. :(  That is why I missed the last dinner.

LEGO in Poland is overpriced... the 8461 Williams racer I'm looking for
is like $300 CDN in the official LEGO store... but that's partly because of
the 22% VAT tax. Buying it from Shop@Home works out to like $240 CDN. Found
it here in Germany already at a small toy store, but alas, it is the regular
150 Euro price.  Hoping to find it cheaper in Berlin. Also found the
re-released crane truck for 90 Euro. (retails for 90 USD in Canoeland).

I am also tempted to buy one of those new small yellow technic sets, ie
the 6-wheel truck.  Ages:6-99.  The parts listing of the set is printed
on the box!!!  Seems like all the new Designer Sets also have this.
Makes Peeron kinda redundant for these newest sets.....

That's about it for my monday... I'm also typing on a German keyboard... the
Y and Z keys are backwards... @ is in a funny place, so are all the little
anoying things like ';:- and there's a bunch of letters with double dots on
them üöä... annozing...annoying I mean.

hope to write more after my Berlin expedition...

John