 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6887
Re: Monday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:48:22 GMT

Iain Hendry wrote:

How's everyone else's Monday going?

    Iain

it took me a while but I figured out why my "internet" was screwy.
turns out it was not the direct fault of Bill and M$ XP, but the fault
of the dinks at Netgear and the stupid router.  Some time on Thurs i
re-set my router MTU to 1400 (max 1500) in some lame attempt to be able
to better send e-mail.

then XP said it was time for it latest booster shot.... so it self
instals the latest SP2 hotfix.

not too long after I cant send e-mail. AND to make matters worse i could
not B/U my accounting prg to the BC server.

ARGH!!!

monday morning,  things are WORSE. I cant use any HTTP app, that
requires me to send data... (like google) e-mail was still
intermittent... then it hits me...

when I did a DSL speed test report, it said i was doing 1300 down and
ZERO up. this made me wonder why I could not send data.....

then i remembered messing with the router MTU. so i dropped it down to
900 and all is better.

I still have a major problem with 900 as a setting... but with this dump
PPPoE its all I can do.

In other news, I'm glad to see your "back" into lego and wanted to ask
you what your latest project was/is.

how was your weekend?

Chris

Why do solar calculators have an off button?