 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6816
Re: rtl 13 Pics and Video
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 01:47:23 GMT

I was thinking about this a bit, and here is what I thought:

Separating bricks from rice shouldn't be too hard, EXCEPT for the rice
that would end up INSIDE the bricks. So I thought to myself, "Self, how
could one stop rice from getting INSIDE the bricks?" and then I thought,
"Self, one could put a 2x4 plate (of the same colour) on the bottom of
the brick." and then I thought, "Self, that's and excellent idea! Why
don't you (I?) go post that to the rtlToronto newsgroup?" and then I
thought "Self, I think I will go do that." And so here I am.

I think that rice will be VERY bad for gears, and would gum up important
parts of a robot.

I also thought, "What would happen if one put a plate on the bottom of a
2x4 brick, and a tile on top?" and so I did. It turns out that if one
does that, one gets a shape whose short sides are 0.006 cm (~0.002" for
you inchy people) away from being square. This would make manipulation
of the bricks far easier.

And another thing I thought of: where should the white bricks be at the
end? Should they be back in the box? Or can they be out on the floor?

And what about the black bricks? Should they be contained within your
bot, or on the floor on your side of the arena?

By the way, upon hearing of this game, both my mother and my girlfriend
said (independantly!) "Why not use 1x1 bricks instead of rice?"

Trevyn

WHY does CHRIS always capitalise RANDOM words?

Bruce Sheridan wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

back to my Rice Pit.

I spent about 1/2 hour working on the next contest. I've got rice
everywhere!  What a mess. I especially like the sound of it as it crunches
through my gears. Whose idea was this?

Bruce