 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6820
Re: rtl 13 Pics and Video
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 03:09:05 GMT

OK, why must RTL member always try to make these games to be more
difficult than they really are.

Trevyn. here's, the scoop.

-we take the play field
-we fill the inverted "hill" with rice.
-inside the rice we hide 20(?) black and 20(?) white bricks.
-the play field is divided in half along the seem.
-within 18" build a bot that starts anywhere on your half, touching the
outside wall.
-build a robot that can put positive value bricks anywhere on your half,
and not have negative value bricks on your half.

this means that

-ONLY BRICKS in the "C" shaped portion of the play field will be counted
(for or against) your score.
- that any brick in your robot IN the RICE PIT will not be counted.
- we will allow robot to steal your bricks and deposit bad bricks on
your half
- if you have bricks in your robot and your robot is OUTSIDE the rice
pit then that counts to wards your score.

FYI  we don't give a rats aorta about the rice.  the rice is just a
medium to mess up your gears and make the game more interesting.  That's
why I don't want to enclose the 2x4 brick.

lastly,  although we understand that there will be rice all over the
place, if you build a robot that intentionally throws farther than it
needs to, then you will be responsible for cleaning up the mess. to be
honest if you build a robot that intentionally puts rice outside the
over all play field then I'd rather you not enter the robot.  if you
make a mess and  don't clean up the mess right after it is made, then I
will ask you to leave.   by mess I mean stuff on the real floor, rice on
the play field we can get with a small brush.

I also read your post about making the brick more box like, and I'm
going to interject with the idea that rtlToronto is not about making
games easy.

:)

if you want an easy game, find a lug that dose sumo, or line following.
:)

:)

:)

Chris

if you have not figured it out by now, the reason I capitalize CERTAIN
words; is cause its my way of trying to STRESS those words.