 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6807
6806  |  6808
Subject:
rtl 13 Pics and Video
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:45:16 GMT

I finally got a couple videos and some pictures from rtl13 uploaded.  Sorry
it took so long.  I still have a dial-up connection, and the upload just
finished...  :)

Here are videos with three really cool robots, and another one.

Match 14 is a great battle between Wayne's crowd favorite robot, and Chris'
single sensor robot.  It shows how cool Wayne's robot is.  And it shows
Chris could have added an edge sensor.  :)  (11 mb)

http://perso.freelug.org/legway/video/M14_Chris_Magno_VS_Wayne_R1.avi

This video (2.1 mb) shows the second round battle, which turned out to be
the battle for first place.  The edge grabbing Stiltz was very close to
getting a claw on one side, but that wouldn't have kept it from being pushed
off by Pushover.

http://perso.freelug.org/legway/video/M08_Pushover_VS_Stiltz_R1.avi

Here are pictures from rtl13.  I don't think there are any competition
pictures, but there are pics from pre-building, and post-grudge-matches.
With 11 robots and only 4 complete rounds, each robot did NOT get to battle
several other robots, but many of those matches took place after the crowd left.

And on another note, this is what my "LEGO Area" looks like where I sort pieces.

Steve