 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6119
Re: Pipe Racers Demo Videos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:52:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jon Palmer writes:
This is so cool!  I really look forward to see how this is developed.  I
imagine it will be quite a trick to get this across the joints.  Have you
thought about a less extreme joint? 30 deg maybe? (If they make those)

We looked at 22.5 deg joints but it's not so much the angle (well, 22.5 vs
90 yes, but...) as the sudden increase in outer diameter due to the joint.

Once you build some flexibility for the increase in diamater due to the
fitting, most of the problem of size for the angle is already deal with.  If
there was a 0 degree joint (ie, just two fittings) you'd need to do 1/4"
flexibility.  a 45 deg requires 1/2" flexibility, but once you'd invested
the time to do such a thing, 1/4 vs a 1/2" isn't as much of a deal.

Calum