 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6118
Re: Pipe Racers Demo Videos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:34:38 GMT

This is so cool!  I really look forward to see how this is developed.  I
imagine it will be quite a trick to get this across the joints.  Have you
thought about a less extreme joint? 30 deg maybe? (If they make those)

I'm including .space in this because this is well, so space.

So LEGO isn't making any more monorails?  No big deal.  They could make a
new track like this!
The pipe racer could even wrap around the pipe in a C-shape, and could right
itself when it came to a support pylon (so it didn't bang into the pylon)

Anyway, very cool.

[ j o n ]
--
| Lego - http://zemi.net/lego
| Shipyard - http://zemi.net/shipyard
| Moonbase - http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/start/
| Store - http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
Hey folks,

John Guerquin came by this afternoon and we went over to the Home Depot,
buying some 1.5" PVC pipe and some 45 deg joints.  Total cost for 12' of
pipe and four joints?  $10- tax inclusive.  Anyways, we decided to build
some ideas for pipe racers.

Here is the fruit of our efforts:
(You'll need MS Media Player AND Quicktime.  Don't ask. I don't know why)

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/video/101-0142_MVI.AVI
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/video/101-0145_MVI.AVI
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/video/101-0146_MVI.AVI

Note, you don't see this vehicle actually traversing a joint, but at least
you can see that an hour of tinkering between John and I came up with a
machine that can climb up a slope.  It split like an onion when it hit a
joint, but that'll come with time.

So, a preview to get you guys thinking for rtl14: Pipe Racers.

Calum