 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5699
  rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

Hi folks, By traditional rtlToronto scoring, 2 points for a win, 1 each for a tie, and 0 for a loss, the rankings were: 1. Dave Koudys (Stoney Creek, Ontario) 2. Bruce Sheridan (Mississauga, Ontario) Ka-On Lee (Ottawa, Ontario) Trevyn Watson (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) YEP, magnanimous as ever. I cant help but notice that YOUR name is not on that list..... yet you are tossing the biggest stones. Even though my poor, small, yet entertaining and noble robot garnered few points, I still managed to have (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) Even though Chris' robot was next to useless (well at least he had a robot... pointing fingers mostly at myself), it was really nice. To me, it looked like a stylish miniature snow blower or lawn mower. The front of his 'bot was ok but if he (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

On the way home, I thought of a robot that was nothing like what anybody had, and could possibly be competitive... and more importantly, something that I could actually engineer and program! So... when are we doing this game again? -Greg (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) ...and I uploaded them...they are still haven't been cleared for public view. When they get cleared, here is the folder: (URL) a teaser pic ... "Hey Mister, your... (URL) " (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) Well, I had a great time--even if I was completely incoherent... But there's nothing new with that. The 'bots that were there were inspirational--even Chris's 'bot. I just wish I took more pics... oh well. More than that... who knows. Saturday (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang writes: <snip> (...) I just finished uploading my rtl12 page. Have a boo here: (URL) for those that are curious, the webcam'bot is not functional at this time--i needed pieces (especially the RCX) for rtl12. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) I'm not sure. Probably never again soon: rtl12 was the third time we did Blockstacking and we've never done a contest more than three times. In fact, we haven't repeated contests for nearly a year or so-it's always been new stuff. Unless (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) I'm in for this one and there even is enough time to get a robot ready. Is the box in the inside going to be a different colour than the outside wall? (...) Sounds like fun too. (...) Ie, a game that is so easy, it can be run (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

This part didn't show up to well on my last reply I would be willing to help out with and enter in a dragracing game for a 1/2 time event. Kids would love that and everybody could build one and it doesn't require a RCX. It could be run pretty quick (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

Dave, I'm not sure why BUT I find that this is a GREAT picture (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl13 - King of the Hill - was Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) <snip> I think Calum posted the idea earlier, but here's the gist: the arena is 8x8 feet with 6 inch walls. in the center is a 2x2 foot by 6 inch platform. From each corner of the arena is black electrical tape going to the platform, for a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl13 - King of the Hill - was Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) ....brings true meaning to "no holds barred competition" that should be entertaining to the kiddies!!! :) Ben (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) I thought the kid was going a little too far back when he was taking the picture, but oh well... Now that I've mostly caught up on my sleep, I'm feeling much better. At leasth te bags under my eyes are gone. I spent the better half of last (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

Thanks for uploading the pictures Ben. I've been trying to view them to see what I missed as I cowered in my basement with my tail between my legs believing that I would be the only one to show up with an almost, but not quite working robot. I was (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) Unfotunately, I won't be able to make it to tomorrow's dinner, as I have work until 5:30 to 6:00 PM near Buffalo. I can't really stay out too late on Friday, as on Saturday morning, I have drill. I went to Toronto last Saturday, and I really (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)