 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5297
Re: Decagon?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 18:52:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
(snip)
Alternately, you could use the beautiful 36 degree geometry of boat hull
pieces:

http://extranet.telepres.com/staff/jeffe/decagon.jpg

Jeff - Thanks a lot for posting these pictures and the information.  I also
have been daydreaming lately about building some carnival rides having been
inspired by some MOC's at BrickFest and a recent small tour of amusements
parks in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Your design of the decagon would give me a good base for the kind of
spinning ride I'm thinking of.  My latest idea is to try and make use of
this part for a ride: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30275

I had a bunch of these in my "to trade" pile but the other day while staring
at them I realized the bucket would make a good seat for spinning a mini-fig
around and around.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the ideas.  They're much appreciated.

Greg