 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5000
Re: Train? thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:42:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
I've been thinking about Jeff E's High Town track layout and what we
could do with it.  After talking with him, and knowing what I know about
what other people have planed for the next train event I did up some
playing with Track Designer too.

<snip>
Jeff VW dam needs to be fit in to, so I placed it on the other side.
Cool, that will fit. (There will also be three straight road sections on the
other side

The idea of High Town is that its raised above the track at one end of
the layout, and it shouldn't be too big.  Jeff E and I were thinking 3
modules at most.  Now I was thinking it would be cool to have a trussle
for the trains to run over and under.  This could be taken from the High
Town line.
Mmmmm Truffles... I mean Trussles..

The other thing about High Town is you need to get up there.  In Jeff
E's original design it required a 1 brick slope to get from the lower
level to the top.  Remembering that Calum's train station had three
bays, I though what better then to have one of those bays actually go
somewhere.  So I looped the slope track around to run parallel with the
lower levels main line.  This gives three lines through a space the
train station could sit and allows the slope the track to be 2 plates
per section. • Cool..

So anyway pictures would be nice.  The first one is of a layout the same
size as Jeff E's original design.  The second I enlarged to get more
space to stand in the middle.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/miscellaneous/hightown1.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/miscellaneous/hightown2.gif
Second is better... Because I am too lazy to go back 50+ posts... Was High
town built on 18 - 20 bricks? or was it a wooden structure?  Bricks would be
cool, but costly...

These are deep links to brickshelf.  Hopefully they will work without
waiting for moderation.

Derek