 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5018
Re: Train? thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:26:58 GMT

Jeff Elliott wrote:

Cool!  I didn't know the wide turns came out so close to even with the
geometry.

Ya, I was just playing around and that pattern of straight - curve -
straight - curve seemed to work.

I notice that there's no connection between the inner and outer loops.
If we want one, there's space for one of those four-switch specials
under Hightown in your second layout.

That's what I was thinking too, it just got to confusing trying to edit
the tracks under there.

Susan suggested that we rename Hightown "Altenburg".  It gives a more
European sound, and it derives from both "high" and "old".

Cool, I like that.

In a related post, Jeff VW said:

Second is better... Because I am too lazy to go back 50+ posts... Was High
town built on 18 - 20 bricks? or was it a wooden structure?  Bricks would be
cool, but costly...

As I planned it, the lower level track is elevated 0.1, and the Hightown
track is elevated 18.0.  That means that the supports for the Hightown
baseplates need to be at most 17.1 to allow the track to be slightly
elevated there, too.

http://extranet.telepres.com/staff/jeffe/train_height_hightown.gif

Ya, I forgot what height we had decided on.  I think I used 17 bricks
when I was playing with Track designer, but 18 would make it easier to
work the support structure for Altenburg.

Derek