 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4268
4267  |  4269
Subject:
Help me! My Performa is sad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:36:17 GMT

Thanks to Chris and Calum, I've got a beautiful Macintosh Performa 580 CD
siting on my desk (next to my IKEA KIMSTA and IVIKEN).

http://www.apple-history.com/quickgallery.html?where=580.html

Imagine my delight when the Digital Camera I bought (off Calum) came with a
DB9 to Apple Serial connector. Joy! Perhaps it's possible to connect the IR
Tower. Okay, yes, so I did that.

Then I got MacNQC. On my PC. Because the PC is what's connected to the
internet. Yeah.

http://homepage.mac.com/rbate/MacNQC/index.html

So I download that.

c:\downloads\MacNQC2.2.4.sit.hqx

Uh, yeah. What is that.

So I download stuffit expander for PC. Then I extract it.

c:\downloads\Aladdin Expanderª 5.5 Installer

Right. Um... okay. So I copy that onto a PC formatted disc, because the
Performa can read PC formatted discs. I take it over. the file has a PC icon
on it. The Performa doesn't want to touch it with a 7 metre pole.

ARGH!!

How the heck do I get MacNQC on my Mac, via my PC!? I don't have Stuffit
Expander on my Performa, because I can't get it on it. Does anyone have a
Mac in the Toronto Area, who could unstuff MacNQC (off the aformentioned
URL) and burn it on a CD or copy it onto a Macintosh formatted disc? I'll
obviously trade you or pay you for the disc...

::sigh::

    Iain