 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4284
Re: Help me! My Performa is sad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:28:59 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <Matthew@BlockType.com> wrote in message

Also, MacOS always puts a generic PC floppy icon on floppy disks coming • from
DOS/WIN. Did you actually open the volume after it mounted to see if your
file was there? It's likely just fine. (Unless the situation is as
below...)

Uh..... :)

(Sorry, I've no idea what that means!)

I dragged the Stuffit Expander program icon on the disc to the desktop
(still had the PC icon on it) and double clicked it. It said it didn't have
a clue what I expceted it to do, and to take my rude, XP-hoggin' butt outa'
dere.

(No, not really. But it's so much more fun that way.)

Further, Macs HATE Mac files expanded on Windows machines, but does just
fine if you move the compressed file(s) from Win to Mac THEN unstuff. • Follow
Dave's advice and get a copy of StuffIt onto the Performa, then move the
compressed file over to unstuff. It should work like a dream. Plus you'll
be

I'd love to but... How do I get Stuffit Expander on my Performa :)

set up for future files. (Did you get the original Performa CDs with the
machine? StuffIt will be on the original software or software restore
discs.)

I do have the original performa disc! I just checked, and Stuffit is nowhere
on it, however :-/

    Iain