 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4290
Re: Help me! My Performa is sad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:50:40 GMT

"Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message

Could you tell us some other details? Open the "About this Mac" in the • Apple
menu and note how much RAM and what version of system software (System 7.1
shipped on this one originally but it can benefit from MacOS 8.1.)

Okay:

24 576 KB RAM
System 7.5.1

It also has the LC PDS expansion slot. I put an Ethernet card in my slot.
Could you check if there is an Ethernet adapter socket in the back? (It's
like a phone plug but wider with 8 pins.) You can still buy this useful • card
but at $45 (macwarehouse.com) its kind of silly (check ebay though.)

Um... I'm not sure what I'm looking for :) So let me see if I've got this
straight:

First I should put Stuffit Expander on my Performa. How I do that, I still
do not know (because I have to find a) a version of it that works with MacOS
7.5.1, and b) can fit on a 3.5" floppy). Then, I put the stuffed MacNQC on a
3.5" floppy, take it over to the Performa, and use Stuffit to pull it out?

Is that right?

    Iain ::scratching head::