 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3102
Re: rtl10 is SUPER FUN!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 03:26:36 GMT

"forget it, I'm
going to do the exact oposite." This robot isn't going to be the fastest,
but it is big.

Ummm,  Iain, this is what I have been saying all along!!!!

why try to make it light, when you can just add more motors!!!!

i use 4 motors just to move the main X axis.  as long as the rcx powered
I've had NO problems.

ALSO on another subject:

IAIN, I have a question.    2 day ago my robot was 90% done.    I had it
all working, AND I'd like to point out that when it placed a block it
was DEAD CENTER!!!!!  BUT my question is this.   when I ran several
tests the robot worked fine.     One day, my brother came over and i
thought I'd show off the robot.    It crashed, and skipped, and ground
gears.  it FAILED as a x robot!!!   I re-jigged everything, my brother
left, and i re-ran sever tests.  the robot worked fine.

MY neighbor came over (Alex who also likes lego) and I tried to show him
my robot.   IT FAILED again.

Iain, My question to you as a professional robot builder is, WHY????

does this happen to anyone else? Dose this happen in the real world??

help?

--
Chris
Pretend this says something funny