 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3095
Re: rtl10 is SUPER FUN!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:30:18 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

WHEE!

So concepts 1, 2, 3, and four have ALL FAILED for me. Everything always • ends
up being too lightweight or too flimsy.

Result?

SCREW LIGHTWEIGHT FAST THINGS. I have now created the largest robot I've
ever built. It's totally redundantly strong. Everything is massive. I • have
eight linkages going to the EOAT plate. Four moving drives. Two RCX. I've
taken everything I wanted to do for this contest and said "forget it, I'm
going to do the exact oposite." This robot isn't going to be the fastest,
but it is big. And for once, I've built something that DOESNT FLOP • APPART.
:)

There's no upper limit on robot size for this contest right? :-)

I don't believe so. :) I tried to mount the thing on a baseplate after I
posted that - (built the other half of the robot until 0h20 last night), and
I'm going to need two 48dot baseplates, with the playing feild mounted on a
separate 32dot baseplate butted against the two 48dot plates and in the
middle. Like this:

+---+---+
| 48|48 | <- Robot Mount Plates
+---+---+
   |32|
   +--+ <--- Playing Feild Plate

I think this might be the sturdiest thing I've ever built! :)

    Iain