 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3094
Re: rtl10 is SUPER FUN!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 05:14:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
WHEE!

So concepts 1, 2, 3, and four have ALL FAILED for me. Everything always ends
up being too lightweight or too flimsy.

Result?

SCREW LIGHTWEIGHT FAST THINGS. I have now created the largest robot I've
ever built. It's totally redundantly strong. Everything is massive. I have
eight linkages going to the EOAT plate. Four moving drives. Two RCX. I've
taken everything I wanted to do for this contest and said "forget it, I'm
going to do the exact oposite." This robot isn't going to be the fastest,
but it is big. And for once, I've built something that DOESNT FLOP APPART.
:)

There's no upper limit on robot size for this contest right? :-)