 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 291
FOTY: Future Shop - Don't walk - run to your nearest store!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 01:45:37 GMT

Oliver, Thanks for the heads up on the Futureshop error.

I received my flyer today and headed out to my nearest Futureshop(Waterloo)
to see what they had. They had one RIS 1.5 left with a price sticker
of $299.00 and a shelf price sticker showing $147.99. I thought I might
have a stab at getting it for the error price of $147.99 plus $30.00 off,
so I went to the cash to try my luck. I was smilin' ear to ear to see
the computer price ring up as $147.99 and quickly took the flyer out of my
pocket to show the sale price of $117.99 to the cashier. It took her a while
to get the computer to take the $30.00 off but it finally went thru.
What a deal!
Plus I had received $75.00 in gift certificates for Christmas which I used
for the purchase, so my out of pocket cost for the Mindstorm RIS was
$60.00(Canadian-after taxes)

Kevin

In lugnet.loc.ca, Oliver Giesen writes:
G'Day
Just a quick heads up: Future Shop is advertising $30 off any in-store
Mindstorm product (ha like there is any left anyway!).  If anyone finds the
Ultimate Accessory kit in the Toronto area please let me know.  Also they
advertise the Robotics Invention System for $117.99 ! Although the Robotics
Discovery set is $267.99, a great opportunity for someone if they can talk
their way into them honouring the price!
Also Canadian Tire has 25% off all in stock toys, again not much left, a few
sets though, looks like their purchasing Dept. is getting better!

Cheers
Oliver
Play Well