 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2706
Re: Train 3?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:19:25 GMT

Oooo, can I call a two module straight section too.  Like Jeff's with the 4
spacer + 8 track + 8 spacer + 8 track.

I too have started work on trains in deference to my three rtl10 robots.  Last
time I was home my dad built me some most excellent module bases.  So I now want
to build on them.

I don't think I'll be cutting base plates though.  I am going to include a train
station, so along with Calum's there will be a few stops along the way.

I am also planning to build a significant structure above the tracks, so if we
could decide on a maximum height for the train cars soon it would be a great
help.  I think for last time it was 15 bricks, but I remember someone saying the
camera car with a wide angle lens might need more.

Anyway that's what I have planned at the moment.

Derek

Jeff Van Winden wrote:

Hey Guys,

I started building my bot for rtl 10, as I was building I had a sudden urge
to really build something.....

So I started to layout some base plates and tried to figured out what the
optimum width (from the end of the module to the 'road')  that would leave
enough room for two tracks, as well as enough room for some 'decent'
structures.

This is what I came up with....

The spacing that I have used is
4 spacer + 8 track + 8 spacer + 8 track + 3 spacer + 18 road + 47 building
area

O.K. so I may have to chop some base and road plates *cringe*, but it makes
for so pretty impressive buildings (I have one Module built .... I started
Friday night and finished it Saturday afternoon.... which would only require
some detailing.)

Jeff VW
(Nov 16th is good for me as well!)