 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2699
Re: Train 3?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 05:08:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes:
I started building my bot for rtl 10, as I was building I had a sudden urge
to really build something.....

(rimshot)  Thanks, I needed that one for Chris.

O.K. so I may have to chop some base and road plates *cringe*, but it makes
for so pretty impressive buildings (I have one Module built .... I started
Friday night and finished it Saturday afternoon.... which would only require
some detailing.)

Sounds great!  I've been building an office building in my spare time when
I'm not drowning in product trials, my grad classwork, or in pain from this
wisdom tooth.  It frickin hurts.  The dentist did a pile of Xrays today.
Company dental covers it all, but it's the idea of pulling out these teeth.
Couldn't we do this with a gerber or something? :)

I'm thinking of building a larger train station.

We probably should get together a train3 effort sometime soon or the
Robotics guys will think it's back to rtlToronto being all Technic. :)
Right after I collapse after this toothache.

(Nov 16th is good for me as well!)

Should be a good turn out.  I think Dave said it was okay, Chris.  On a side
note, I'm so glad we're out of the "Chris, what if we're there.  Sitting
alone.  In the restaurant/St Michael's Theatre/Lillian H Smith Library.
With no one else." worrying stage.  I'm happy that we get a pretty good
turnout of regulars and some not so regulars at every meeting.  And there's
always something weird.  That giant Space poster from Oliver was really cool.

Calum

Well as Mattias pointed out, it was his poster, and his other rare garage
sale gems...I think I'll have to do some of that next summer...(garage sale
hunting for lego) :)
Mattias' robotic arm was cool too, I remember playing with one of those A LONG
time ago.

I can make it out on that date, since tonight we had an "administration night"
at the armory.  So we had our Friday night gathering a tad bit early.  I still
have drill on the Saturday and Sunday (17th and 18th.)  So I can make it
to November's rtlToronto monthly get-together chez Mel's.

I will definitely be bringing my latest creation....the Silver Bullet Engine
car, and if I can find my "gothic doors", I will bring my church building.
If not, I'll save it for a future event.... :(  I still cannot find it.
I will also bring my pictures from the last robotics show (which I haven't
posted on-line yet), and the pictures from my excursion in the BIG APPLE.

Oh well, there you have it....

and please pick out a date for Train3 soon.... :)

Benjamin Medinets