 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2201
Re: T-Shirt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:52:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
TEST COURSE!!

ARGHHH  for the test course, all you need is 2 rungs.  at least to
figure out the basics.  go to canadian tire or some such and get a few
bits of copper pie or dowel.  the in time once you have the basics works
out you can build a full course.

Well as it turned out I was going home to London this weekend anyway, so I
built a 5 bar test ladder with my dad.  My dad had recently replaced the shower
in the basement, so he had some left over copper pipe.  We were able to make
the whole thing from scrap which was nice.

the basics are the hard part.  will you go with an active claw (a hand
that grips), or a passive claw. (a hook)

each have there good and bad points.  I'm still trying with just a hook,
but it puts more work into the arm motion.  my solution is MORE MOTORS.

I haven't desided.  I might go with somewhat of a highbred.  Give the hook a
wrist.

One thing I was wondering.  Do the copper pipes rotate in the stand, or are
they fixed.  On my test ladder they will spin without much force.  Can you
count on putting much torque on them on the real course?

Sure that fine, until you try to power up the beast.

the crane and walkers are GREAT!   now build a monkey!!!!

Ok, Ok I'll build a monkey.  I guess now that I have a test track I have no
excuse not to build one.

Derek