 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2211
Re: monkey rungs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:26:13 GMT

Nobody told me that I'm building the ladder...Is this an example of what
Calum talks about??

:)

YES!

:)

I suggest that we drive a nail or screw, from the bottom of the 2x4, into
the centre of each pipe. This will anchor the pipe and there will be no
rotation.

OK. if you think that rung rotation is going to be that much of a
problem for the rest then, maybe a nail or screw is best.

Bruce, the other thing you have to decide is how many rungs the ladder
will have (15 - 16 - 17) depending on where you start the first rung.
People need to know these things so if you have some way cool mechanical
non-rcx counter you can figure out how to stop you bot.

ALSO, we once spoke about having the first 4 feet of the ladder padded
to protect falling robots. are we still doing this?  what kind of
padding do we need to use?

Thanks

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @