 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2202
Re: all lego monkey ladder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:47:22 GMT

Rob, the idea of an all lego ladder is GREAT!!!!

I never thought about that!

:)

Also, I'm trying to keep my post about suggested rule changes alive:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=2157

Yes, and I'm doing my best to ignore this thread

(sly grin)

actually your one rule has point.

that the monkey has to stay within
   the area defined by the width of the copper pipe on its side of the ladder
   at all times. This means no grabbing onto the stud in the middle (cheap) and
   no C-shaped robots that hang from around the end of the pipes onto the top
   of the ladder drive along the top of the rungs(even cheaper). This rule
   would force the robots to grab from underneath, which is what we wanted anyway

this is the idea of the whole monkey game.  I thought that by asking
that the rule prohibiting a  monkey above the 2x4 was ok.  as for a c
shaped monkey, that's tricky to do.

your version of the rule prohibits people from making an attack monkey.

And as for battery box's  as of right now; it seem that most people
think its ok.

So Rob, if you want to make a battery box monkey.  OK.  BUT I do reserve
the right to mock your monkey.

;)

I'll ask Calum real nice when he calls me in about an hour (and he will)
to change the rules to reflect the battery box rule

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm