 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2176
  T-Shirt

Got my rtlToronto t-shirt from Calum last night, and its great. I'm wearing it to work today. I'm sure I'll get no end of hastling for that. Sorry I missed the last dinner. Had friends come to down for a visit and I wasn't able to break free. I'll (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: T-Shirt

(...) walker someday... Need more small cylinders... Should order them from the UK... What did you use as your compressor? Do your walkers turn? Also, about the monkey thing, if you can build such classy walkers, surely you can build a monkey! Keep (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: T-Shirt

(...) Thanks, its fun building pneumatic walkers. I was inspired to build them based on a walker website I read that said it was impractical to build walkers with pneumatics. Can't remember the site now. So far my walkers have only been able to walk (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: T-Shirt

(...) TEST COURSE!! ARGHHH for the test course, all you need is 2 rungs. at least to figure out the basics. go to canadian tire or some such and get a few bits of copper pie or dowel. the in time once you have the basics works out you can build a (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: T-Shirt

"Rob Stehlik" <robbby31@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GIKz0K.2Ap@lugnet.com... (...) The story of... Nah'. :) Iain (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: T-Shirt

(...) Well as it turned out I was going home to London this weekend anyway, so I built a 5 bar test ladder with my dad. My dad had recently replaced the shower in the basement, so he had some left over copper pipe. We were able to make the whole (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  monkey rungs

Derek: (...) in the quick 2 rung ladder I built one rung is rock solid, the second has some spin in it but you have to grip it real tight. That being said. The real official game ladder is not built. I'm sure when Bruce gets around to building the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: monkey rungs

(...) Nobody told me that I'm building the ladder...Is this an example of what Calum talks about?? I suggest that we drive a nail or screw, from the bottom of the 2x4, into the centre of each pipe. This will anchor the pipe and there will be no (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: monkey rungs

(...) Exactly! Next thing you know, you're updating the rtlToronto webpages, booking Library rooms and explaining why the word "Area" is integral to the front of a t-shirt! :) Calum (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: monkey rungs

(...) :) YES! :) (...) OK. if you think that rung rotation is going to be that much of a problem for the rest then, maybe a nail or screw is best. Bruce, the other thing you have to decide is how many rungs the ladder will have (15 - 16 - 17) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: monkey rungs

(...) I think the pictures on the rtlToronto site are great and I plan to build the ladder exactly as depicted (16 rungs, every 6 inches, starting 3 inches in from one end of the 2x4). I suggest the height of the legs be approx 24 inches. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: monkey rungs

(...) You might wish to have that entire assembly with legs put onto a table or two. This would make it easier to place and start robots, to catch them if they fall, plus would give everyone around a better view. (...) Oh, it never stops :) Calum (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: monkey rungs

My 2c on various things in this thread: Regarding rules changes: Rob, it's fine with me if we allow non-RCX solutions. Changing the rules to allow for solutions we hadn't considered seems reasonable. One temptation you have to avoid, though, is (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: monkey rungs

(...) Whoever builds the official ladder: I have one request. Could you be careful to make the rungs as close to 6 inches apart as possible? I'm probably not the only one who is building a monkey that depends on accurately spaced rungs. Actually, on (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: monkey rungs

(...) I’ve just purchased the materials for the ladder today. I plan to have it built by Sunday. So you say your robot will have trouble if the rungs are not exactly 6 inches apart (my, isn’t that interesting…evil laugh)! Don’t worry…..I will ensure (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: monkey rungs

(...) Rob: IF you had used an RCX and a sensor then this would not be a problem. ;) Chris Visit my newly revamped walker page @ (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)