 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2155
Re: my monkey is hard......to build
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:37:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

Well, if we're getting technical about the rules, shoot, sure, go ahead
and use zero RCXes.  Mind you, I took the following quote from the site:

"At the the beginning of each round, both robots will be started via IR
remote control so as not to tip or shake them. Please make sure your
robot can be initiated using Program 1 via IR."

So, as long as your mechanical solution is happy starting via a "Program
1" IR transmission, I think it's cool.

Otherwise, the rules will have to be changed, or your robot is going to
lose or tie a lot.  I suppose it could win if someone else's fell off
without making it forward a rung.

Okay, okay. Jeff you did make a valid point. I keep forgetting about that
section in the rules. Why is it that you always perk up when the topic is
rules? :) About starting without tipping/shaking, I promise I can do that
when the robot starts on two rungs. When it is hanging from two of its
claws, it cannot swing at all. So, can I please just use a battery box? I
don't need an RCX, and they are just so much bigger... But if you insist, I
can accomodate an RCX.
Rob