 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2141
Re: my monkey is hard......to build
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:46:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
My monkey doesn't need an RCX at all. I just use a
battery box (unless those in charge force me to use an RCX :)

I'm really not sure about this.....

Well, I am. I see no reason at all why I shouldn't be able to use a dumb
battery box. Its a six aa box, so the weight should be essentially the same
as an RCX. I say if anything I am giving myself a disadvatage, because my
robot will not have any intelligence. It will be smart enough to turn itself
off at the end of the ladder though :)

I'd like a bit of input from the group on this.

Seriously.  this all started as an RCX event.  its the reason we own
them.

Hey, like RCX's too, but I say if you can use a mechanical solution to a
problem that others are using software solutions for, go for it! No more
staying up until 4 am the night before programming! Actually, no programming
at all!

would it be fair to enter a battery box robot??   should Rob be forced
to use the rcx (even if it is JUST as a power source.)

No.

OR should Rob use an equally weighted batter box (like the 6 AA box) ???

Yes.

You know, Chris, if you are worried about my RCX collecting dust while my
battery box gets all the glory, let me remind you that I am going to enter a
maze robot in Daves game. I am also going to bring a turtle that will draw
pretty shapes and write peoples names...

Rob