 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2143
Re: my monkey is hard......to build
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:46:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
Well, I am. I see no reason at all why I shouldn't be able to use a dumb
battery box. Its a six aa box, so the weight should be essentially the same
as an RCX. I say if anything I am giving myself a disadvatage, because my
robot will not have any intelligence. It will be smart enough to turn itself
off at the end of the ladder though :)

I agree with Rob-I don't see any reason why Rob CAN'T enter a 0 RCX model.
We only say as many RCXs as you want, and zero I think is a valid number.

You know, Chris, if you are worried about my RCX collecting dust while my
battery box gets all the glory, let me remind you that I am going to enter a
maze robot in Daves game. I am also going to bring a turtle that will draw
pretty shapes and write peoples names...

I would like to enter a pretty shape making turtle robot too.

I don't really like doing "me too" posts, but you are right there isn't any
rules that say, RCX has to be used....
it does say however, that alternate processing methods cannot be used...
IE scout, mini-scouts, etc.  (Multiple RCX's are allowed, and I guess
battery boxes, too)  :)

Benjamin Medinets