 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 180
Re: rtlToronto 7 Event Poster Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:34:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
I think the diehard technic thing comes
in when trying to fit as many gears into as small a place as possible...
Rob

If this is the criterium, then that gizmo of switching 1 axle to 4 outputs
that we saw at dinner a few weeks back is the definite winner.
I've lost count (and track) of how many 8 and 24 tooth gears I've broken.
Now thet they have modified the 24 tooth (for the better), I haven't broken one.
But when I was a wee lad, many 24 tooth gears fell to the pursuit of
complicated gearing mechanisms.
I've broken a few axles as well, though that happened only when I was
building the clock and having all those weights.
The most broken pieces of LEGO I have are large plates, especially anything
bigger than 6x8.
When I was younger, I tried model glue to put these plates back together,
but that never held for extended periods of time.
Now if we talked melted bricks, I had those as well.  When I made the movie,
there were lots of explosions (putting 'ladyfingers' inside those original
space sets was great for filming) and at the end for the final 'big scene',
I had stacks of flash paper, lady fingers and regular paper inside the evil
'mothership' and it went BOOM!!
THere's my cohort filming this smoking and smoldering wreck while I'm
shouting 'Turn off the camera!!' whilst running for the fire extinguisher.
My basement smelled of burnt plastic for a week.
Yeah, that was fun.
Oh memories.
Stay safe.
Dave