 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 172
Re: rtlToronto 7 Event Poster Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 02:29:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
Brilliant work, Calum, as usual.

thanks!

[1] I hope it's not *your* yellow ink cartridge.

You see, it's all part of a plan:  Last year's posters were blue.  This time
it's yellow.  Expect Magenta coloured posters in May. :)

[2] I *knew* the gear was busted, but I couldn't see where right
away.  If you could bear to shoot the image again, you might try
putting some crumbs or something in the centre and around the
outside.  And/or take some sandpaper to the teeth is a few
places to accentuate the damage and wear.  But it's beautiful.

I was about ready to do this, except I realized I don't have a digital
camera on me.  At all.  I lent my own Canon to someone, and the school
cameras are back with the school.  Sigh.

[3] I looked at the text: It's great!  But what do you think of the
following minor tweaks?

I can't believe you used the phrase Blood, sweat and gears.  That is so
corny, it's now in the final PDF.

[4] What's the album?

It isn't.  I came up with Plastic Dust is Normal because Chris, Dave, Rob,
and Iain trading macho Lego stories of breaking gears.  It sounds like some
sort of "coming of age" kind of thing, ie, you're not a diehard Technic
builder until you've grinded out ABS dust.

But I suspect when rtlToronto8 comes around, and we finally have a new
contest to replace sumo or stacking, it'll be called "He Got Game". :)

Calum