 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 148
Re: rtlToronto 7 Event Poster Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:31:19 GMT

Brilliant work, Calum, as usual.

Couple of comments:

[1] I hope it's not *your* yellow ink cartridge.
[2] I *knew* the gear was busted, but I couldn't see where right
away.  If you could bear to shoot the image again, you might try
putting some crumbs or something in the centre and around the
outside.  And/or take some sandpaper to the teeth is a few
places to accentuate the damage and wear.  But it's beautiful.
[3] I looked at the text: It's great!  But what do you think of the
following minor tweaks?

When push comes to shove in the rtlToronto arena, there are sacrifices
to be made.  Come join others from across the Southern Ontario area as
you bring out your very best in autonomous Lego Mindstorms-driven
robotics.  Watch your creations compete against each other in a furious
melee of ABS plastic.  No prizes, no sponsorship, and no wires.  Just
blood, sweat and gears.  Find out more from our website.

Main changes: verb tense agreement, broke up middle sentence, changed
second last one.  It suffers now from suggesting that you've gotta bring
your own bot, but you can play with that if you like.

[4] What's the album?

Jeff

Rebel Transcanner wrote:

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/Image-Burntgear.jpg

I'm going to test print a few of these at work tomorrow on the inkjet to • see
if they're eye catching or not.  Anyways, check it out.

Calum

*If*?

This is amazing. I AM STILL GIGGLING!!!!!!! I keep reading it and giggling.
Espically the punch line. I never noticed how the "rtl" in "rtlToronto"
steps up like that. Like little stairs. CAN I ROLL A WHEEL UP THOSE
STAIRS??????? OMG CALUM INSTEAD OF THE GEAR WHAT ABOUT A HORNY RECYCLE TRUCK
TYRE?!?!?!

    Iain