 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16884 (-20)
  Hobby Show GBC vid..

(URL) an awesome weekend! Chatting with other AFOL's, as usual--fantastic! The kids were, well, kids--what, with the disappearing MOCS and stuff, but hey, that's the shows for ya! Janey and Allan did an awesome job with the organizing and being (...) (18 years ago, 6-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Lego DISPLAY, this weekend in Toronto

This weekend (Nov. 3, 4, 5) at the International Centre in Toronto, Ontario the Ontario Lego Builders Group will display their creative efforts. If you are looking for something fun to do this weekend, and with in driving range of Toronto, consider (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.general)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) Never worry about replying--that's what usergroups are for :) (...) Oh if I only had more BBB wheels--the ones you see ar ethe only ones I have :) This way you could take advantage of (...) (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

(...) Another idea (and I'll stop after this, I promise!) would be a bit harder to implement, but may work in the end. How about removing one of your trailing pairs of wheels and redesign in a fourth pair of drivers, making your train from a 4-6-4 (...) (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) Great ideas Anthony! I did put a LEGO boat weight right on top of the drivers, and the 9v motor is pretty close as well. I haven't looked at it in a few days, but plan on modifying it (...) (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

(...) That is just too cool. I've watched the movie many times now, I love the sounds your engine makes! I hope you're able to get it to run reliably, I'd love to see it on a loop of some kind. I have a suggestion for the performance issue, but I'm (...) (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Darth will not be making it to the Hobby Show

(...) Ouch! For a change, I was no where near the destruction of a Derek Creation (tm) What can I do to help fix it? Dave K (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Need a Canadian 1969-73 Lego Scan for the Lego CD

Hello neighbors (I only live 5 miles from the Canadian border), I need to ask a favor of one of you (if you can help). For the nearly complete Lego Sets/Parts History CD, I am missing 2 important important items from Canada during the early (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Darth will not be making it to the Hobby Show

(...) Too bad though... that's a real draw for the Hobby Show crowd. Will you be able to rebuild him? AB (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Darth will not be making it to the Hobby Show

Sigh, (URL) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New kid in town...

(...) Great news! Congratulations to mom, dad and welcome to Thomas! All the best, Allan B. (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  New kid in town...

(URL) to Mr and Mrs. Jeffy and Jenn Van Winden, on the arrival of the latest FOL... Thomas Joshua! All the best for the new parents and the new baby! Dave K (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) Yeah, I'm hoping it's because everyone's GETTING READY FOR HOBBY SHOW. IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, GO EMAIL JANEY. OR HAVING A BABY. OR SOMETHING. (...) Well, either is fine with me. I would think the goal of such an event is pure fun, not any (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) With enough notice, I'd be willing to travel (and I'd work hard to bring friends) to a robot combat event. Especially if Chris is going to have a robot there, because I'd love to see his bot get destroyed... Steve (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) So here we are, crickets chirping about this upcoming rtl 'bot event... To further the discussion--Calum (and some others) have the idea that autonomous battle 'bots might not be able to find one another so watching two 'bots moving randomly (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

(...) It isn't the strongest, bot for this application, it keeps the cylinders in direct line with the push rods, so it works. It has the added benefit of keeping the pneumatic tubes more securely fastened to the input/output ports on the cylinder (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

(...) Hey David, very awesome! :-) I especially like the way you've secured the cylinders, is it strong? Also, pretty neat idea to stop the air at the front using the lever stick. About the slipping, how about putting rubber bands on the driver (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ben Fleskes wrote: <snip> (...) A huge oversite on my part-- Ben, I know I've thanked you before, but seriously, again thanks for the wheel sets that you produce--without them, my pneumatic train wouldn't have happened, (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

(...) Yep--did the 90 degree offset--when you watch the video, you can see the wheels pause 4 times per revolution (using compass points-- NE, SE, SW, NW)--that's when one phase is done and waiting for the next phase. 4 phases with two pistons! I (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender

<snip> (...) Very cool. I can't tell from the pictures, but are your driver wheels on either side of the engine set 90 degrees out of phase with the associated timing difference on your valve positioning? Ben In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact