 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16872
Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:17:49 GMT

So here we are, crickets chirping about this upcoming rtl 'bot event...

Yeah, I'm hoping it's because everyone's GETTING READY FOR HOBBY SHOW.  IF YOU
HAVEN'T ALREADY, GO EMAIL JANEY.  OR HAVING A BABY.  OR SOMETHING.

1--use lights for the 'bots to detect one another, a la block exchange...
2--use RC control, which takes the 'bot right out of the equation.

Well, either is fine with me.  I would think the goal of such an event is pure
fun, not any 'rithmetic (oh wait...sorry) Learning.  So... the RC approach would
be easier to build for, easier to operate...and more fun visually.

I personally like a battle 'bot competition to be, well, actual robots and not
some glorified RC cars.  That said, I also had great fun at Live 1.5...  so I'm
good either way

Okay, so I'm going to entrust you, Dave, to make a decision.  Everyone else,
chime in so Dave has some context for his decision.

Calum