 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16882
Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 20:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Anthony Sava wrote:

<snip>

Another idea (and I'll stop after this, I promise!)

Never worry about replying--that's what usergroups are for :)

would be a bit harder to
implement, but may work in the end.  How about removing one of your trailing
pairs of wheels and redesign in a fourth pair of drivers, making your train from
a 4-6-4 to a 4-8-2?  (or even a 4-8-0).

Oh if I only had more BBB wheels--the ones you see ar ethe only ones I have :)

  This way you could take advantage of
all that weight in the cab (as it looks like its full of bricks and equipment)
to increase the tractive effort.

--Tony

Working on it tonite--I'll let you know how it goes :)

Dave K