 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16867
Re: "Big Blue" Pneumatic 4-6-4 engine and tender
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 20:04:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ben Fleskes wrote:

<snip>

Very cool.  I can't tell from the pictures, but are your driver wheels on either
side of the engine set 90 degrees out of phase with the associated timing
difference on your valve positioning?

Ben

A huge oversite on my part--

Ben, I know I've thanked you before, but seriously, again thanks for the wheel
sets that you produce--without them, my pneumatic train wouldn't have happened,
but more importantly, (imho) all LEGO steam engines look sooo much better now
with your wheelsets.

Thankfully I was at BF two years ago and bought (or got, can't remember now) 4
of your smaller wheels, which I used under the cab in this engine!

People who've seen the steam engines on our layout love the look of your
wheelsets!

And your geometry--spot on!!  The position of the hole worked (mostly) perfectly
for the small pneumatic pistons!

Very nicely done!!

Dave K