 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16842
Re: Speaking of Canadian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:29:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Didier Enjary wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Timothy P. Smith wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

I'm all pro-TLC, but a company does not have the right to dictate how people
speak.

I'm not all pro-TLC.

I type LEGO bricks and LEGO creations (for the most part), 'cause I appreciate
the brick.

So I do

That said, it's not grammatically wrong for my nephew to say (or
write) 'I built this with my legos...'

Sure. I totally agree, and my goal was just to inform ("modifier" is not the
term originally used by TLC, the right term being "adjective") and not, in any
way, to be pedantic or polemic.

Regards,

Didier

TLC does not dictate grammar rules.