 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16837
Re: Speaking of Canadian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:26:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Timothy P. Smith wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
If both are incorrect, is there a 'correct'?

Steve

Hi,

The Lego company asks that we use 'Lego' as a modifier, as in 'Lego piece' or
'Lego set'. Instead of "look at my lego sculpture', 'or sculpture made of Legos'
one should say 'look at my sculpture made of Lego parts'.

You can check this document :

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/fairplay.asp

More precisely, I quote :

If the LEGO trademark is used at all, it should always be used as an adjective,
not as a noun. For example, say "MODELS BUILT OF LEGO BRICKS". Never say "MODELS
BUILT OF LEGOs".

So, as I read it, "look at my LEGO sculpture" is correct.

I'm also pretty sure the term "LEGO" is supposed to be written with large
capitals according to these rules :-)

Didier

This supposedly will keep the name purely a trademark, and folks won't get
confused and call clone blocks 'legos'...