 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16813
  t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

So....at dinner we figured we had to postponed t3d (Tic Tac Toe Drawn) into next year....and to bring up another contest earlier. One of the ideas floated (okay, the only idea floated) was Dave's Battlebots. However, the question arose, should this (...) (18 years ago, 21-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) What sort of time frame did you have in mind? I haven't visited Canada in a couple years... Steve (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) We were thinking first week of January. Calum (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) As in Jan 6? Hmm... I'd love to see some good LEGO destruction. Unfortunately, I don't think autonomous battlebots will be very satisfying. On the other hand, with the NXT, it's possible to create a remote-control system, where the controls (...) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) Funny enough if you do make it up, we can probably wave as we pass each other going opposite directions on the highway. The reason Tic Tac Toe has been delayed is I'll be driving down to California in early January. So far I'm the only one who (...) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone

(...) You're welcome to stop by & stay over, if you wish. I live about an hour from Indy. Steve (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone

(...) It will be mid June-ish when I'm driving back. I'll let you know as plans progress, but it would be very cool to visit in your neck of the woods. Derek (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) So here we are, crickets chirping about this upcoming rtl 'bot event... To further the discussion--Calum (and some others) have the idea that autonomous battle 'bots might not be able to find one another so watching two 'bots moving randomly (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) With enough notice, I'd be willing to travel (and I'd work hard to bring friends) to a robot combat event. Especially if Chris is going to have a robot there, because I'd love to see his bot get destroyed... Steve (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: t3d Postpone and Dave's Battlebots Smackdown

(...) Yeah, I'm hoping it's because everyone's GETTING READY FOR HOBBY SHOW. IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, GO EMAIL JANEY. OR HAVING A BABY. OR SOMETHING. (...) Well, either is fine with me. I would think the goal of such an event is pure fun, not any (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)