 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16604
Re: 4x4 Tic Tac Toe...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:33:50 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:
Well,

I'm not really into this 3T concept because of two things:

a) Deterministic
b) Done before

Not to say for b) we've done everything original, but in general I'd like to
keep the flavour in that direction.

So...I was chatting with John... and how about a 4x4 Tic Tac Toe where you need to complete three in a row...it's not all games in a tie, it's significantly harder.   You need to visualize board state.  Requires a lot of advanced programming for the nerds out there.  Definitely requires a gantry or delta.

Then of course, the OTHER big thing I hate about Tic Tac Toe is that is requires
all this programming.  I hate programming.

Calum

I am going to agree with Rob, and vitali, and then as a follow up, with you.

While T3 has been done, I think its new to us. and "just the right"
amount of challenge, and complexity.

You said it well yourself.  the more complex we make this, "...This is
starting to remind me of stuff I always felt I
needed to do, not what I wanted to do.'

So, do we ~need~ to make t3 more complex? I say no.

A simple t3 will allow for people to build as complex as they want, to
program as deep as they need to. and still be doable by every one.  even
the new guy, and Sergio could do this.

I for one would like to use this opportunity to build a Delta robot to
solve this.  AND i could get Abby to program it.  i mean with a 3 x 3
that s only like. (ummm carry the 4, bring down the 6, umm...)  about 9
NESTED if's

ALSO, now that NXT's are on the open market and we all have 8 of them,
then we might consider allowing those as well.  Sure NO ONE will; cause
you cant program them yet.... but i bet Dave A could bring one to lay
domino's or something.

Chris