 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16595
Re: 4x4 Tic Tac Toe...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 02:53:29 GMT

On 8/9/06, Calum Tsang wrote:
Well,

I'm not really into this 3T concept because of two things:

a) Deterministic
b) Done before

It may be deterministic, but I doubt many could fit the entire
solution tree into an RCX.

How about making time a factor.  In a cat's game, the faster playing
bot wins (would need a way to time accurately, though).

I think the complexity of programming TTT on a 4x4 grid will scare off
people.  If you want to make it more unique, consider:

- varying the shapes (use crosses and pucks made of bricks, not
knowing which you have to handle)

- vary the play-field. How about vertical cubby holes like a
shoe-shelf that you have to place pieces into?

- randomize the start position... Have the pieces start in a "bin" or
"zone" and your bot has to find them, rather than allowing them to be
pre-loaded into a magazine.

(I personally like the idea of marbles, though, and a decent 3x3TTT
algorithm would challenge me just enough in standard firmware)

-Rob A>