 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16612
Re: 4x4 Tic Tac Toe...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:08:52 GMT

John Brost wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

And the move tree is nested 5 layer deep (assuming you always start)
or 9 layers deep (if you go either first or second).  I'm guessing you
will not have the memory to do this in nested if's :)

-Rob A>

It CAN be done.  My program logic + all movement instructions fit into the RCX
for our 3T contest.  The logic was complete, it would play "perfectly" according
to the logic, and it was all done with nested ifs.  The mechanicals were the
downfall of my robot.  In fact, it actually took only a little more than 1/2 the
total memory available with the standard firmware (I programmed it in
Mindscript).  If people are curious I could post it, since trying to decode my
poorly programmed & documented code would be about as tough as trying to do it
from scratch.

If I recall, all the 3T robots that competed in our challenge used single RCXs
to do both logic and motor control.

John

YES!!!!

i would LOVE to have a look at it. I LOVE mindscript.  I cant wait for
it to be a language for the NXT(1). then I can start to program the NXT.

Chris

1.  HINT HINT!!!!