 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16599
Re: 4x4 Tic Tac Toe...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 03:23:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:
On 8/9/06, Calum Tsang wrote:

So...I was chatting with John... and how about a 4x4 Tic Tac Toe where you need to complete three in a row...it's not all games in a tie, it's significantly harder.   You need to visualize board state.  Requires a lot of advanced programming for the nerds out there.

Jeeese - you made me dig up one of my old game theory texts :)

I believe (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) that 3-in a
row on anything board 3x4 or larger can always be won by the first
player (if neither makes mistakes :)

If you want harder games, how about NIM? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nim

...and play it with axles on a flat surface :)

Forget I mentioned 4x4.  This is starting to remind me of stuff I always felt I
needed to do, not what I wanted to do.

Calum